Looking for even more tools to help you relax after (or during) a long and stressful day? We’ve got you covered with these additional apps and techniques:
- Sanvello: This free app is useful for tracking your mood over time, as well as providing exercises for deep breathing and muscle relaxation, outlining personal health goals, and analyzing thought patterns.
- Headspace: Calling itself a personal trainer for the mind, this paid subscription app (following a free trial) focuses on meditation lessons that seek to help you improve your physical and mental health, and offers calming sounds to help you sleep better at night.
- Relax Melodies: A personalized sleep aid, this free app offers 50+ sounds and soothing tunes to help you drift off to dreamland in peace.
Additional helpful breathing tips:
- A 5-Minute Breathing Meditation to Cultivate Mindfulness: Spend a few minutes each day on this simple breathing exercise that helps develop mindfulness, reduce negative emotions, and keep a cool head when the going gets tough.
- 10 Reasons to Stop and Take a Breath: This quick read article includes a series of cute GIFs that can help you depressurize and slow your breathing down.
- Xhalr: This site features a fully customizable breathing exercise designed to help with yoga or just general meditation. Also available as a phone app.
Try these and let us know which one(s) work for you.